Saturday, April 6, 2013

Helpers and Guides As Divine Presence

I hadn't realized how long its been since my last post as life has been going a thousand miles an hour. My dreams haven't gotten any slower though, which is a good thing. I enjoy my dreams and find comfort in them even when I have trouble deciphering their code, which leads me to today's topic, Helpers and Guides.

Often in our technology filled lives, with all its tweets, texts and skype, we still feel alone.  We don't feel truly known or connected to someone and usually have little sense of spirituality. Many of us grew up in homes where we attended church, synaogogue, or the hall yet never felt the spirit of the creator and how this divine presence could bring a sense of wholeness to self.  I was much the same way, detached from God. I grew up a Christian, attending church, bible study, youth group and all its trappings. Though, when I was in my 20's I rarely ever attended church. God's presence wasn't felt in my life and I was angry at God for things that happened to me.  I hear the same story from many and some never return to any religion or spirituality. In my 30's I was struggling with many issues and felt an urgency to return for "help". As I continued my friendship with God, things began to unfold and now I can see the workings of spirit in my life through guides and helpers in my dreams.

Throughout my dreaming cycles I have always had people in my dreams. People doing specific tasks, hanging out in the background, chasing me or whatever. What I began to notice though is a pattern of helpers and guides. I had to review several of my dream journals to notice this pattern, and I highly recommend you do the same. Although each dream is unique, often you'll have similar themes in them to get you to pay attention to what needs consideration, changing, or releasing.  What I came to see is I'm not alone and never have been. I have helpers and guides in just about every dream I have. You may ask what's the difference between them? For me, a helper is one that shows up in the dream to lead you some where, give you direction, get you to notice something and then is gone.  A guide is someone/thing that is repeatedly there, dream after dream, after dream. They may look different, and this is what can be confusing. To our literal mind if the person or thing looks different  how are you supposed to know it's a guide? I glue for me is that my guides show up in pairs and always of the same sex, so two females or two males and the same race. The race of my guides will change however, usually though they're two Caucasian females or two African American males.  Another clue is their energy.  I'm never afraid of them and we're usually engaged in conversation, them directing me or reassuring me.

Helpers and guides have a divine presence because they're always positive, protective, and leading you to your higher self.  They may not initially be present, but if you ask for help they'll appear and not just in your dreams. For example, the other day I had to go the emergency room for double vision, a massive headache, and pain behind my left eye. I wasn't going to go, but "something" told me I need to get it checked out because as the day wore on, the symptoms increased. Once I was put back in a room, I knew I needed to calm myself down, as I was beginning to worry it could be something more complicated.  I asked for my guides to protect me, heal me, and be with me. The room was almost pitch black and I had my sunglasses on. I laid my head back and began taking slow deep breathes and as I was doing this two sets of angel wings appeared. I kept breathing and they kept fluttering. A great sense of peace came over me and I knew I was going to be okay.

I encourage you to begin seeing divine presence in your dreams and in your waking life. The symbols are round you if you open your heart to their love.  These beings are present in your life and will make themselves known in all sorts of curious ways if you allow them in.  We all need encouragement and these beings have a direct connection to the divine. May you experience their presence to relieve your loneliness and connect to something greater in the universe.

Happy dreaming my friends


Blessings

Dreamer


No comments:

Post a Comment