Each morning I wake from my slumber to sit for a few minutes to write out my dreams from the pervious night. Sometimes, I recall four or five. Other times just a fragment of one. Some stick with me throughout the day and others just seem to be left overs from the day's happenings.
So, when do you decide to work with a dream or just let it drift away from memory? Good question, since I've have a stock pile of journals with dreams that haven't been interpreted yet.
If you look at dream experts like Carl Jung, Jermy Taylor, and Robert Gongloff, just to name a few, they believe that each and every dream holds great significance for expanding your awareness about yourself, others and the world. Dreams expand your imagination and your ability to problem solve as they allow you to evolve into your "higher self". Now that's powerful stuff!
I was hooked on this dreaming stuff and was reading anything I could get my hands on. However, I was still baffled by the amount of information coming to me. I felt responsible to sit and work with it for hours throughout the week. What I found is, that's no fun and creates frustration, which in turns blocks your imagination and no message is received.
I decided then and there, I needed a break from reading about dreams and just let the dreams flow. I wanted to get comfortable, just dreaming. Yes my fellow dreamers, just dreaming. Once you let those flood gates open, it's amazing what pours in. I stopped having expectations of having dreams or what they could mean. I stopped hoping for a solution or an insight to the message. Do I still want to receive a message? You bet, but I seldom go to sleep hoping one is on the way. I had to let go of the process. Stop controlling the flow. I realized when I was dreaming, I was saying in my dream "I'm dreaming" and then wanting to control it, but then the dream would stop or I'd just wake up. Well, that was no fun.
Now I just go to sleep and don't focus on recalling or the hidden message. Upon awaking, I write down as much as I can and let the rest go. I'm only compelled to interpret what I sense is important. I've let my intution begin to guide this process. The rest is left for times when I want to go back and try working a dream using various techniques just for FUN.
So, the bottom line is dreamers. Your dreams do mean something, but don't get caught in a cycle of finding the message in each one. You will know when a dream has particular significance for you to pay attention to. Then spend your energy working with. Don't forget to use different mediums in the process; drawing, a poem, single out one element and so on to assist in your uncovering its intention.
But remember too, just to sit with it. Meditate on it and more should be revealed.
Happy dreams,
Dreamer
http://www.envisiondreams.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment