Sunday, February 19, 2012

How to begin again.

As I sit here tonight, I'm confused by the recent happenings in my life and how I'm suppose to make meaning out of them. I'm in a state of shock. Somewhere between feeling numb and wanting to cry all the time, as I received an ending before the beginning.

The best self-help guru's, motivational speakers, life coaches, therapists and whoever else you can think of will always tell you to live from your heart/soul, make a plan, forge ahead (be intentional and passionate), ask for help and don't stop until you arrive at your goal. Sometimes, you can do all the steps but not reach your goal and then what? That's where I'm at my dreamers. Just confused, disappointed and don't know what to begin with next.

The great thing is over the last few nights my dreams have been very active. I can't tell you how comforting they are to me. They're a constant in my life. I cherish them and honor them daily by writing them down. No matter how obscure the symbols are, I know there is something to be learned from them. I feel like a kid on a treasure hunt and they are my map. It's no different now, in this winter season of my life.

I'm not hear to tell you dreamers how to renew yourself when you've had a huge disappointment in your life, as I'm right in the middle of my chaos. What I can tell you is that your dreams will guide you through. Right now I'm just processing the event. My feelings are being brought to light, so I can understand what it is I am experiencing.

For example, just last night I dreamed I was at my childhood home. We lived on top of a hill, so are back yard had a retaining wall that separated it from the driveway. The driveway was probably 3 feet lower than the yard.  I was outside. It was a sunny day, but the yard was all torn up and the retaining wall was in chunks.  I look to the right and see the bushes that separate the yard from the street and see sea shells all over the ground. I look up and I see a pre-historic bird, similar to a crane coming in for a landing. It was redish-brown and speckled with those super long legs. It lands and begins picking up the shells. I think to myself, "why would this bird want empty shells", but it keeps picking them up. I then look back to the yard and see a palm tree knocked over (we lived in the midwest) and a pine or spruce tree knocked over. I run inside the house to get my mom.

Once inside, I see my mom vacuuming. I yell at her to get her attention and she shuts off the vacuum and we look out the window to the back yard. I then run back outside, but with a clothes basket, white and rectangular in shape. I put it down and begin putting wet clothes in the basket, thinking I need to get these trees planted. I want to plant the palm tree first and believe if I put it in the basket it will be weighted down enough to stand straight, but then I realize I put way too many clothes in the basket.

What does all this mean? I feel uprooted and in a crumbled state. I'm an empty shell, picking at what is left.  The crane is considered to be a sign of longevity, meaning I feel my problem is going to be long term.  The wet clothes and trying to plant a tree in them suggests that I want to change my outward appearance/persona but am overcome with emotion.  A palm tree indicates warmth and a spruce or pine tree also indicates longevity.  So, based upon the recent events in my life, emotionally I feel empty and unsure but know that I must begin again. I need roots like the tree.

I hope you find this helpful and that you may begin to see the signs in your dreams that can help you continue to grow and move forward in your life.

Blessings,

Dreamer
http://www.envisiondreams.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment