Saturday, May 5, 2012

Figures From the Past

It's been awhile since I last checked in and I apology for that. I've been going through a transition and there just never seems to be enough time. I'm hoping things will quiet down for a bit so I can share some of the interesting dreams I've been having.

I've noticed a few things. First, individuals from my past that don't seem to be connected in any way. Male or female, young or old, black, white or Latino. The only connection seemed to be that they all had been a part of my life over the years. Upon waking, I had no particular feeling to attach to the dream. More of that "huh, what does that mean"?  Certain figures tended to appear more often, but in a casual role.  The action in the various dreams are about searching and having support. Yet, the people from my past were not in supporting roles. What I came to realize is the past represents fear and it's walking along side me in my dreams. Its presence isn't  over the top scariness like being chased or hurt but rather an almost comfortable presence that you don't notice. Now, if that isn't scary, I don't know what is. Who wants fear just hanging around? Not me. I decided I need to recognize the changes I'm seeking in my waking life create fear, as with any change it's about the unknown. Our minds like homeostasis and when you veer off course, the mind goes into over drive in trying to get you back on the safe path.  Though I thought I had paid homage to me fearful mind, it's still letting me know we have some unfinished business.

Secondly, the use of vehicles. This is a change for me in my dreams, as I'm usually walking or flying (not in a plane but like super woman).  I'm very concerned about my vehicle or finding my keys.  The action of the dream is centered around the vehicle. I either have to get to my car, wash it, protect it, or find the keys for it. I also have 1/2 the keys, but not the whole set. What I mean is, my car key is only one key but is on a ring with other keys. In my dream I only have part of the set, so I won't leave without having the entire set.  What does all this mean? My transition is about to get to the next thing in my life, thus transportation-how will I get there?  I want to move forward, but I only have half the keys or half the ability to access what I want. It plays out again and again, because I don't have the answers right now and my mind wants the answer.

What my dreams are focusing on are my fears that I won't find the answers I desire to solve my immediate problem.  However, I'm not letting this consume me during the day. I can't, otherwise I would be in a frantic state all the time searching, "doing", basically chasing my tail. What I've learned is to recognize my subconscious is impatient, but I don't have to choose to be that way during my waking life. Part of creating change is to trust the process. Though we think we have control, we don't. The universe decides ultimately what will happen. We can put in our efforts and good work, but don't agonize over all the details. Make your decisions, follow through with your commitments, but live your life. Enjoy it and be open to what comes. Recognizing possibilities is where your resolutions will come, if you trust that they'll find you. When we have expectations of how things will play out that is when we're closed to the process of life and possibilities aren't noticed.

Don't let your figures from the past cut you off from the rhythm and flow of life. Be willing to trust you'll receive what you need to move forward.

Blessings,

Dreamer
http://www.envisiondreams.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment