We all have dreams related to the fear of dying. Whether it's being chased, a menacing figure looming, an accident that results in a fatality or you actually view yourself being killed they're all representative of a significant change which is occurring in your waking life.
Once you're awake the fear is probably residual, lasting a few minutes to overshadowing your day. Death is inevitable for each of us, but dreaming it makes it appear as if it could happen at any moment. We're often left dumb founded, wondering what it can all mean. Or worse, wondering when "it" will happen. Focusing on the actual circumstances or action of the dream is not necessarily what the dream is trying to convey. For example, the other morning I woke from a dream of my pending death. In the last part of the dream sequence I was outside with a male companion walking to a parking structure. It was pitch black out. The evening sky was so clear you could see each star twinkling. I heard a voice calling my name. At first, I thought it was my mother calling me, but as I listened the voice was eerie and became louder. As we're walking down a ramp, I see two figures in a field. One very short the other very tall, massive. The voice screams "I'm going to kill you". The female races over to me and latches onto my arm like a dog. The massive figure is a grizzly bear standing on his hind legs. He makes no move and I wake up. What this is telling me is I'm changing emotionally, cognitively, and socially. I'm not the person I was even a year ago, but I couldn't see it. I've been frustrated by my circumstances, dissatisfied with aspects of my life and working to create change but "nothing" seemed to be happening. My dream verified I'm so wrong.
I won't take the time to go through the other elements in the dream, except for the bear. The bear is my animal totem. I love bears and have always been fascinated by them. My dog even resembles a bear. The bear to me means strength/power and discernment. The bear is a natural upon drawing from its inner resources and energy. It's often associated with the lunar symbol which is representative of the subconscious. The bear in this dream is telling me in a big way (as he's standing on his hind legs) to pay attention to what's inside me. Stop denying who I'm becoming and look to my soul to find the answers instead of going to outside resources.
Once you shake off the fear of death, you can begin to see the dream is wanting you to transform to your higher self. Maybe you're at the beginning stages of change, unsure if you want to make the effort or you're deep in the process, but are questioning its feasibility. Let's look at the stages of transformation model according to Learning Journey's International Center of Coaching, learningjourneys.net.
First Stage: Awareness
You're gaining a deeper awareness of how you limit yourself by your own thinking. This is your self concept, i.e; I'm stupid, I'm not enough and so forth. However, you realize you don't like your current circumstances.
Second Stage: Inner Work
In order to change you must self examine, be willing to look at your faults and your strengths. This is stage of discovery where you begin to notice things about yourself you never have before because the desire for change is building and you begin to set fear aside. This is an emotional season in your life as you begin to sort out who you were and who you want to become.
Third Stage: Sorting Out
You begin to discern what it is you want and what you need to let go of. Deciding if the change will be worth it or not.
Fourth Stage: Source of Creativity
Options abound and you begin to see that you can make choices to create the life you desire or resolve a particular problem you're facing.
Fifth Stage: Appreciation
Begin to see yourself as the unique person that you are, having gifts and talents that can contribute to the greater good. No longer devaluing yourself, realizing the experiences you've had in your life have strengthened you allowing you to move forward.
Death in your dream is signaling you to a transformative process. It is telling you to shed old habits and take up a new way of being. Transformation is about the end of something, but also a beginning. Each of us handles change differently, but ultimately, it's to broaden yourself concept. Your true self knows you can manage the change. Go forward with courage, find your champions for support and know that death of the old self is good, because you're becoming something so much more.
Blessings,
Dreamer
http://www.envisiondreams.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment